Pages



What's the best way to point out that I deserve a raise?




I have my annual review coming up this Wednesday and I more than deserve an increase in salary. However, others are talking about their reviews and have said that a raise wasn't even brought up. I think this is partly their fault for not standing up for themselves.

However, one person said that a yearly bonus was mentioned. We did get one and that's very generous of them but it shouldn't replace a salary increase. When I interviewed for this position, we discussed the room for growth and that was part of my reason for accepting the position. I can't be expected to remain with a company if that doesn't include financial growth as well. Also, when I was hired, metro reimbursement was part of the negotiation but I never received it.

When I broached them about this again, they said it wasn't in the budget. So, at the moment, they are in the process of expanding the office to increase revenue. I feel they may use this as their reason for not being able to afford to increase my salary. I've thought of several different ways on how best to point out that I should receive a raise.

From what I'm hearing from others, they were using last minute 'issues' that happened as 'areas of improvement' and I think this is going to be their focus and they may try to overlook that my performance overall has been above outstanding. I would like feedback so that I can see if I have the right idea on how to 'make my case' so to speak.

Take it

Although the economy is recovering many employees are finding their companies still aren't ready to pay higher wages. Mostly because they don't have too. Most companies figure they can hide behind the bad economy banner for a while longer as their is a lot of unemployment lingering throughout most economic sectors. In order to be successful in obtaining a cost of living increase you should spend time preparing for the interview. First you should gather all your achievements for the year.

This may include e-mails and letters from satisfied customers, you boss and co workers. You should keep a record of the work you do. If you process forms, how many did you process in the past year. Did you perform special projects, or put in extra hours to ensure the successful completion of assignments. Try assembly these facts and figures in a story form like you were telling a friend how hard you worked over the past year.

Put in commentary of how you helped your coworkers in addition to completing your own assignments, and the recognition you received from management for doing a good job. Next develop a credible amount that you think you should receive.

This should be the inflation rate plus your value added for the year. Check with sites like Monster.com to see what the average increase is for your industry and adjust to fit your circumstances. If your boss does not bring up cost of living, you should. Do not wait until the end of the interview as the boss will have things pretty well wrapped up by then. Perhaps you can find an opening when you are discussing your assignments and achievements.

For example, I worked really hard this year and I exceeded all of my assigned goals, I learned a lot and have increased my skills and value to the company. And with the cost of groceries and gas going through the roof, my cost of living increase should consider both of these factors.

There is a discussion on website forum at www.practicalmentod.com regarding A raise in a bad economy. You may find some helpful information you can use. Good luck The PracticaL Mentor

1 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

Capital Lending and Mortgage Group offer Business Financing,loans to suit your business plan. Get quick & easy access to the funding you need now,Get the financing you need to help your business grow Quickly. Apply Now, Quick and Hassle Free Process, Free Paperwork Assistance, Safe and Secure Transaction. Flexible Repayment. Quick Approval. Highlights: Providing Flexible Cash Email: capitallendinghelpdesk@gmail.com

Post a Comment